On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:02 PM Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...> wrote:
As usual, here are my notes from the meeting today.
=== Discussion ===
How is transition to groups.io mailer?
- no complaints
- rewriter improvements
- lot of new corner cases being worked on
- some python3 improvements
- request to enable tests
- to implement fedora 28, ubuntu 18 buildbots
- python3 testing support in test cases
- XDP metadata RFC looking for feedback
- xdp programs currently ask for specific flags, cross reference with netdev
supported flags, fail otherwise
- is this behavior acceptable?
- pro: better than detecting at runtime and silently failing
- con: flag checking prior to metadata conversion at packet ingress is
burdensome to the driver
tightly bound to kernel version
- if metadata at the front of the packet needs to be read first, could be
caching/perf issues as metadata is moved around
- data duplicated, e.g. checksum in 3 places: descriptor+skb+xdp_md
- some changes in pahole to convert dwarf function description to btf
- OVS BPF rfc is pushed
- Joe planning to review the patches
- conntrack support in progress (adding helper approach)
- would be nice to have a native conntrack implementation
- question: how to handle reassembly?
- firefighting current bpf bugs
- syzcaller generated issues
- instrumented allocator failures
- todo: devmap redirect bug from tailcall
=== Attendees ===