To follow up the iovisor meeting discussion, the below is my prototype
for an end_loop
instruction in llvm:https://github.com/yonghong-song/llvm/commit/b83226772100317092cae6478229ed6ca3b9903c
The goal is to help verifier to just focus on these marked cases,
rejecting any other backedges.
Please let me and John know if you get some better idea for bounded
loop support in llvm/verifier.
On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 11:49 AM Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...> wrote:
Thanks for the good discussion today! Below are my notes.
=== Discussion ===
* Compile once run anywhere work continues
* bitfield handling bugs in IR/debuginfo
* Global support work continues
* BTF side patches submitted to bpf mailing list
* tests included
* 32 bit patch set
* test methodology improvements
* updated patches later in the week
* some concerns around shifts, to be addressed in later improvements
* BTF and compile-once work integration
to share prototype tool with Saeed
* Is there a tool to measure queue latency in qdisc->netdev layer?
* debian/ubuntu are packaging bpftrace
* except libbcc renamed to libbpf_cc
* some issues with mixing iovisor's libbcc and debian's
* Fedora adding packaging support for libbpf
* systemd also adding support for libbpf - link to be provided?
=== Attendees ===