Date   

First!

Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...>
 

Welcome IOVisor Devs! This list is now open :)


Updates and Meeting Minutes from TSC+Developer bi-weekly

Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...>
 

Hello, iovisor-dev,

Since this list just got set up, we'll play a bit of catch-up.

First, if you haven't yet and would like to, please sign yourself up on
http://lists.iovisor.org/mailman/listinfo/iovisor-dev.

To send to this mailing list you must register, but the archives can be
read by anyone.

================

Wednesday, Sept 02 2015 was the first bi-weekly TSC+Developer meeting.

Meeting minutes are unfortunately sparse, however the slides from the
discussion are now available in https://github.com/iovisor/bpf-docs
under the tsc-meeting-minutes/2015-09-02 folder.

================

Wednesday, Sept 16 2015 was the 2nd bi-weekly TSC+Developer meeting.

1) Keith spent the first half of the meeting presenting Open Daylight's
Group Based Policy (GBP)
- The presentation slides are available at [1].
- A proposal that comes out of that presentation is to showcase an
integration between ODL+GBP on the control plane side and IOV on the
data plane side. There was consensus that such an integration is
interesting and useful.
- We will finalize (offline) the YAML model for the GBP DP
- Keith to write a renderer in ODL for IOV-based GBP
- PG to write the DP implementation of GBP
- Will schedule a meeting early next week to close the data
structure/yaml/json details
- documentation to be sent to this list

2) Brenden covered thoughts on the design of IOModules, whats been done
so far and what is planned.
- The presentation slides are available at [2].
- Mihai had comments based on the requirements of the P4->IOVisor
compiler discussed during the week. Slides for that are available at
[3].
- We have yet to close the definition of an IOModule
- So far, we are taking a bottoms-up approach, acknowledging that the
design may change when taking other hardwares/backends into
account.
- Working to close the definition of the network specific definition
of IFC (other types to come in the future, e.g. storage).
- Need to define and abstract the way IOModules will be connected,
the current raw approach of attaching eBPF programs to TC/netdev is
too primitive.
- IOModule should capture linux building blocks such as LB, router
namespace, be able to connect them to eBPF programs seamlessly.
- Plan is to make some of these definitions concrete with the GBP
implementation.
- Mentioned fuse approach as one possible way to create generic,
non-networking approach to composing IOModules.
- Demo code is available at https://github.com/iovisor/bcc-fuse.
- Possible to give eBPF programs permissions
- How do we do service insertion?

================

Next meeting (2 weeks):

- Present the final design of the GBP - ODL work
- ?? John F. to discuss DPDK possibilities
- Other topics, please send to the list if you would like to add it to
the agenda.

================

References:

[1]: https://github.com/iovisor/bpf-docs/blob/master/tsc-meeting-minutes/2015-09-16/iovisor-odl-gbp-module.pdf
[2]: https://github.com/iovisor/bpf-docs/blob/master/tsc-meeting-minutes/2015-09-16/iomodules-slides.pdf
[3]: https://github.com/iovisor/bpf-docs/blob/master/p4AbstractSwitch.pdf

================

Thanks all, cheers!

Brenden Blanco
bblanco@...


IOVisor help

ashhadsheikh394@...
 

Hello, I am Ashhad. A CS major undergraduate student. I am researching on iOVISOR, specifically on it's real life performance.

I want to ask that Is it possible to have netlink communication between eBPF code and userspace --- if so how? I want to see if user space programs can communicate with eBPF beyond polling shared maps or not.
Waiting for a helpful response

Regards


Re: IOVisor help

Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...>
 

Hello Ashhad,

It would be good to know what type of use case you have in mind for transferring data between user and kernel space, then perhaps I can answer more accurately.

For instance, if using the KPROBE program type, it is possible to use a BPF program as a filter of events that are later accessible through mmap, see "MMAP layout" in http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/perf_event_open.2.html.

Or, if using a SOCKET type, the BPF program works as it does traditionally with tcpdump, to filter packets into a socket. A userspace program can listen on said socket.

For the SCHED_ACT and SCHED_CLS types, the BPF program can use a helper function to clone or redirect a packet to an ifindex of its choosing.

Please let me know which of these categories you are interested in.

Thanks,
Brenden Blanco

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:57 AM, Ashhad Sheikh via iovisor-dev <iovisor-dev@...> wrote:
Hello, I am Ashhad. A CS major undergraduate student. I am researching on iOVISOR, specifically on it's real life performance.

I want to ask that Is it possible to have netlink communication between eBPF code and userspace --- if so how? I want to see if user space programs can communicate with eBPF beyond polling shared maps or not.
Waiting for a helpful response

Regards



_______________________________________________
iovisor-dev mailing list
iovisor-dev@...
https://lists.iovisor.org/mailman/listinfo/iovisor-dev


Re: IOVisor help

Ashhad Sheikh <ashhadsheikh394@...>
 

Hello Brenden,
Thanks for your helpful replay. These are actually interesting things you mentioned I will surely look into these. Using SOCKET was my initial idea but I want to know that are they full duplex or not?(What if user space wants to send back something)
I simple want to send traffic from data plane to user space and back to data plane after some processing. Also it will be highly appreciable if you please link me any example related to SOCKETS.

Regards
Ashhad

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...> wrote:
Hello Ashhad,

It would be good to know what type of use case you have in mind for transferring data between user and kernel space, then perhaps I can answer more accurately.

For instance, if using the KPROBE program type, it is possible to use a BPF program as a filter of events that are later accessible through mmap, see "MMAP layout" in http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/perf_event_open.2.html.

Or, if using a SOCKET type, the BPF program works as it does traditionally with tcpdump, to filter packets into a socket. A userspace program can listen on said socket.

For the SCHED_ACT and SCHED_CLS types, the BPF program can use a helper function to clone or redirect a packet to an ifindex of its choosing.

Please let me know which of these categories you are interested in.

Thanks,
Brenden Blanco

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:57 AM, Ashhad Sheikh via iovisor-dev <iovisor-dev@...> wrote:
Hello, I am Ashhad. A CS major undergraduate student. I am researching on iOVISOR, specifically on it's real life performance.

I want to ask that Is it possible to have netlink communication between eBPF code and userspace --- if so how? I want to see if user space programs can communicate with eBPF beyond polling shared maps or not.
Waiting for a helpful response

Regards



_______________________________________________
iovisor-dev mailing list
iovisor-dev@...
https://lists.iovisor.org/mailman/listinfo/iovisor-dev


Re: IOVisor help

Yonghong Song
 

Ashhad,

At this moment, you can look at the following two tests:
  Test #10: py_test_brb
  Test #11: py_test_brb2

It does not really punt the packet to user space. But the example punts the packet to router namespace
or bridge interface, and you can still use it as a learning guide.

To punt the packet to user space, you can attach the bpf program to a tap interface and user space application
opens that tap interface. user space will be able to receive packets from or send packets to bpf program.

We will add an test example soon.

Yonghong


On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:35 AM, Ashhad Sheikh via iovisor-dev <iovisor-dev@...> wrote:
Hello Brenden,
Thanks for your helpful replay. These are actually interesting things you mentioned I will surely look into these. Using SOCKET was my initial idea but I want to know that are they full duplex or not?(What if user space wants to send back something)
I simple want to send traffic from data plane to user space and back to data plane after some processing. Also it will be highly appreciable if you please link me any example related to SOCKETS.

Regards
Ashhad

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...> wrote:
Hello Ashhad,

It would be good to know what type of use case you have in mind for transferring data between user and kernel space, then perhaps I can answer more accurately.

For instance, if using the KPROBE program type, it is possible to use a BPF program as a filter of events that are later accessible through mmap, see "MMAP layout" in http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/perf_event_open.2.html.

Or, if using a SOCKET type, the BPF program works as it does traditionally with tcpdump, to filter packets into a socket. A userspace program can listen on said socket.

For the SCHED_ACT and SCHED_CLS types, the BPF program can use a helper function to clone or redirect a packet to an ifindex of its choosing.

Please let me know which of these categories you are interested in.

Thanks,
Brenden Blanco

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:57 AM, Ashhad Sheikh via iovisor-dev <iovisor-dev@...> wrote:
Hello, I am Ashhad. A CS major undergraduate student. I am researching on iOVISOR, specifically on it's real life performance.

I want to ask that Is it possible to have netlink communication between eBPF code and userspace --- if so how? I want to see if user space programs can communicate with eBPF beyond polling shared maps or not.
Waiting for a helpful response

Regards



_______________________________________________
iovisor-dev mailing list
iovisor-dev@...
https://lists.iovisor.org/mailman/listinfo/iovisor-dev


_______________________________________________
iovisor-dev mailing list
iovisor-dev@...
https://lists.iovisor.org/mailman/listinfo/iovisor-dev



Updates and Meeting Minutes from TSC+Developer bi-weekly (2015/9/30)

Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...>
 

Hello iovisor-dev,

Today was the biweekly IOVisor TSC/Dev call, for which the meeting
minutes are included below.

We primarily covered status for the previous two weeks.

=== Meetups ===

On 2015/9/21, Huawei hosted an IOVisor Meetup through
http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Linux-Technology
- Presenters: Pere Monclus, Brenden Blanco, Brendan Gregg, Jianwen Pi
- Great attendance (~100 people), interesting questions and interactive
audience.

Possible meetup next month hosted by Cisco, stay tuned

=== Blog posts ===

Brendan Gregg
"bcc: Taming Linux 4.3+ Tracing Superpowers"
http://www.brendangregg.com/blog/2015-09-22/bcc-linux-4.3-tracing.html
Interesting discussion on hackernews related to this: systemtap vs dtrace
vs bcc
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10262216

Suchakra Sharma
"Linux Networking, Tracing and IO Visor, a New Systems Performance Tool for
a Distributed World"
http://thenewstack.io/comparing-dtrace-iovisor-new-systems-performance-platform-advance-linux-networking-virtualization/

=== Code changes ===

BCC:
- from Mihai Budiu: Initial P4->eBPF (BCC) compiler
- from Brendan Gregg: Many tracing tools updates from Brendan Gregg,
showcased at meetup
- biolatency, funclatency, tcpv4connect, opensnoop, killsnoop
- from Brenden Blanco: Tracing bugfixes and enhancements
- nested probe reads, built in histogram support
- ability to consume perf events in python
- from Suchakra Sharma: Kprobe features, bugfixes, and documentation
updates

LLVM:
- various bugfixes for eBPF backend

=== GBP Efforts ===
Keith is Working with Huawei to merge code to improve the renderer, once
this merges will ease the GBP<->IOVisor implementation detailed last
meeting.

Plan to start coding prototypes this week, with working json examples
provided to the team for lower level work to build off of.

=== Additional discussion topics ===

Keith suggested that we create a top-level page on github.com/iovisor,
contents to be a wiki page, news, updates, etc.


callchains & args

Brendan Gregg
 

G'Day,

I wrote a long script that, as a basic example, tries to do the following in C:

int trace(struct pt_regs *ctx) {
        bpf_trace_printk("%d", ctx->ax);
        return 1;
}

Then consumes both the printk output, and the callchain, in Python. But these currently seem mutually exclusive:

- tests/cc/test_callchain.py uses a callback and a b.kprobe_poll() loop to fetch the callchain.
- Many other examples use a b.trace_fields() loop to fetch the printk output.

I haven't found a way to do both at the same time. I'd like the callchain with the output of printk together.

Thoughts? Is this just another example of pushing bpf_trace_printk() too far?

Could the callback arguments be extended to be more than "pid, callchain"?

If the "return 1" and callback method is reading the raw perf_event, is there a way to read the fmt string? (which is usually set to something useful for tracepoints). Could there be a bpf_trace_fmt(), to customize such a string for kprobes?

thanks,

Brendan


Re: callchains & args

Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...>
 

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 01:32:14PM -0700, Brendan Gregg via iovisor-dev wrote:
G'Day,

I wrote a long script that, as a basic example, tries to do the following
in C:

int trace(struct pt_regs *ctx) {
bpf_trace_printk("%d", ctx->ax);
return 1;
}

Then consumes both the printk output, and the callchain, in Python. But
these currently seem mutually exclusive:

- tests/cc/test_callchain.py uses a callback and a b.kprobe_poll() loop to
fetch the callchain.
- Many other examples use a b.trace_fields() loop to fetch the printk
output.

I haven't found a way to do both at the same time. I'd like the callchain
with the output of printk together.
There can always be a python thread for this, but I don't believe there
would be a way to correlate the two events, since they'll come in at
different times and with different chances of being rate limited.


Thoughts? Is this just another example of pushing bpf_trace_printk() too
far?
In a nutshell: yes.

Where I'd like to eventually get is one poll loop, which is the
kprobe_poll/perf one. The trace_pipe based approach should eventually
die, but if we do it right the tools/examples won't notice (we can
migrate trace_fields() to map onto kprobe_poll). Just the underlying
implementation will change. The information in the printk can in theory
be returned over the ring buffer, but there is still some kernel work to
be done. Multiple people have asked for this, so I would place it high
on the priority list with a good chance of it making it into a
near-future kernel.


Could the callback arguments be extended to be more than "pid, callchain"?
Yes, take a look at what is available in linux/perf_event.h:
enum perf_event_sample_format {
PERF_SAMPLE_* ...
}

If you have something specific in there that would be useful, we can add
code for it. I don't have time to implement the whole list at the
moment.


If the "return 1" and callback method is reading the raw perf_event, is
there a way to read the fmt string? (which is usually set to something
useful for tracepoints). Could there be a bpf_trace_fmt(), to customize
such a string for kprobes?
This is the TBD kernel work. I want this too :)


thanks,

Brendan
_______________________________________________
iovisor-dev mailing list
iovisor-dev@...
https://lists.iovisor.org/mailman/listinfo/iovisor-dev


Re: callchains & args

Brendan Gregg
 

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 01:32:14PM -0700, Brendan Gregg via iovisor-dev wrote:
G'Day,

I wrote a long script that, as a basic example, tries to do the following
in C:

int trace(struct pt_regs *ctx) {
bpf_trace_printk("%d", ctx->ax);
return 1;
}

Then consumes both the printk output, and the callchain, in Python. But
these currently seem mutually exclusive:

- tests/cc/test_callchain.py uses a callback and a b.kprobe_poll() loop to
fetch the callchain.
- Many other examples use a b.trace_fields() loop to fetch the printk
output.

I haven't found a way to do both at the same time. I'd like the callchain
with the output of printk together.
There can always be a python thread for this, but I don't believe there
would be a way to correlate the two events, since they'll come in at
different times and with different chances of being rate limited.


Thoughts? Is this just another example of pushing bpf_trace_printk() too
far?
In a nutshell: yes.

Where I'd like to eventually get is one poll loop, which is the
kprobe_poll/perf one. The trace_pipe based approach should eventually
die, but if we do it right the tools/examples won't notice (we can
migrate trace_fields() to map onto kprobe_poll). Just the underlying
implementation will change. The information in the printk can in theory
be returned over the ring buffer, but there is still some kernel work to
be done. Multiple people have asked for this, so I would place it high
on the priority list with a good chance of it making it into a
near-future kernel.


Could the callback arguments be extended to be more than "pid, callchain"?
Yes, take a look at what is available in linux/perf_event.h:
enum perf_event_sample_format {
PERF_SAMPLE_* ...
}

If you have something specific in there that would be useful, we can add
code for it. I don't have time to implement the whole list at the
moment.
I dug through the list and realized that the actual integer I want to
emit in this case -- which is not ctx->ax like my simple example, but
is the thread blocked time -- can already be exposed as
PERF_SAMPLE_PERIOD. I blogged about it previously:
http://www.brendangregg.com/blog/2015-02-26/linux-perf-off-cpu-flame-graph.html

So maybe my particular case can be served with PERF_SAMPLE_PERIOD
support. Although there would need to be a way to set it from
bcc/eBPF.

Alternately, I could roughly associate kprobe_poll() and
trace_fields() given PERF_SAMPLE_TIME, and maybe PERF_SAMPLE_CPU
(along with the PID).

Brendan


IO Visor @OpenStack Summit Tokyo Collaboration Day

Valentina Alaria <vale@...>
 

All,
IO Visor project got three 40 minutes slots at the upcoming Collaboration Day at the OS Summit in Tokyo, Japan at the end of the month (Thursday 10/29).

If you (or your company) are attending and are interested in participating and presenting (or co-presenting) please let me know ASAP as we have to submit abstracts and speakers by tomorrow COB.

We have identified the following topics for the three slots (but please feel free to send feedback/idea in):
Slot 1: IO Visor Project Introduction and BPF architecture
Slot 2: IO Visor and Tracing: Use Cases and Applications
Slot 3: IO Visor and Networking: Use Cases and Applications

As said those are 40 minutes slot so they are good for up to 2 presenters and you can certainly include a live demo (much appreciated by the OS community).

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks

--

Valentina Alaria 
Head Product & Solutions Marketing
PLUMgrid 
v@... | cell 415.533.2651


Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Every 2 weeks from 11am to 12pm on Wednesday (pmonclus@plumgrid.com)

Pere Monclus
 

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call

Agenda :

1) Update on IOVisor Module design and progress on top of eBPF engine
2) discussion about YAML model for Control Plane of IOVisor Modules and their REST APIs
3) Brainstorm on how to integrate IOVisor Module abstraction in DPDK


details for the call:

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
11:00 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00) | 1 hr 30 mins

Join WebEx meeting
https://plumgrid.webex.com/plumgrid/j.php?MTID=mad00b9597a507885b5e2b3ee0c4166af
Meeting number: 809 028 432
Meeting password: iovisor

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 US TOLL
Access code: 809 028 432
Global call-in numbers

When
Every 2 weeks from 11am to 12pm on Wednesday Pacific Time
Where
webex, link attached (map)
Video call
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/plumgrid.com/iovisor
Calendar
pmonclus@...
Who
Pere Monclus - organizer
John Zannos
uri.elzur@...
prem@...
Prasun Kapoor
Alexei Starovoitov
wardd@...
yunsong.lu@...
aclark@...
bkanekar@...
Ed Doe
Brenden Blanco
developer@...
mc3124@...
krb@...
christopher.price@...
Neela Jacques
Sushil Singh
jianwen.pi@...
Bhushan Kanekar
mbudiu@...
David Duffey
Affan Ahmed Syed
ich.lane@...
john fastabend
iovisor-dev@...

Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account iovisor-dev@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Updated Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Wed Oct 14, 2015 11am - 12pm (pmonclus@plumgrid.com)

Pere Monclus
 

This event has been changed.

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call

Changed: Agenda :

1) Update on IOVisor Module design and progress on top of eBPF engine
2) discussion about YAML model for Control Plane of IOVisor Modules and their REST APIs
3) Brainstorm on how to integrate IOVisor Module abstraction in DPDK


details for the call:

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
11:00 am | Pacific time | 1 hr 30 mins

Join WebEx meeting
https://plumgrid.webex.com/plumgrid/j.php?MTID=mad00b9597a507885b5e2b3ee0c4166af

Meeting number: 809 028 432
Meeting password: iovisor

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 US TOLL
Access code: 809 028 432
Global call-in numbers

When
Wed Oct 14, 2015 11am – 12pm Pacific Time
Where
webex, link attached (map)
Video call
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/plumgrid.com/iovisor
Calendar
pmonclus@...
Who
Pere Monclus - organizer
jianwen.pi@...
developer@...
wardd@...
Ed Doe
yunsong.lu@...
Prasun Kapoor
Bhushan Kanekar
prem@...
Neela Jacques
Brenden Blanco
David Duffey
Alexei Starovoitov
john fastabend
krb@...
iovisor-dev@...
ich.lane@...
Affan Ahmed Syed
aclark@...
mbudiu@...
christopher.price@...
uri.elzur@...
Sushil Singh
John Zannos
bkanekar@...
mc3124@...

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account iovisor-dev@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Updated Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Wed Oct 14, 2015 11am - 12pm (pmonclus@plumgrid.com)

Pere Monclus
 

This event has been changed.

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call

Changed: Agenda :

1) Update on IOVisor Module design and progress on top of eBPF engine
2) discussion about YAML model for Control Plane of IOVisor Modules and their REST APIs
3) Brainstorm on how to integrate IOVisor Module abstraction in DPDK


details for the call:

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
11:00 am | Pacific time | 1 hr 30 mins

Join WebEx meeting
https://plumgrid.webex.com/plumgrid/j.php?MTID=mad00b9597a507885b5e2b3ee0c4166af

Meeting number: 809 028 432
Meeting password: iovisor

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 US TOLL
Access code: 809 028 432
Global call-in numbers

When
Wed Oct 14, 2015 11am – 12pm Pacific Time
Where
webex, link attached (map)
Video call
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/plumgrid.com/iovisor
Calendar
pmonclus@...
Who
Pere Monclus - organizer
jianwen.pi@...
developer@...
wardd@...
Ed Doe
yunsong.lu@...
Prasun Kapoor
Bhushan Kanekar
prem@...
Neela Jacques
Brenden Blanco
David Duffey
Alexei Starovoitov
john fastabend
krb@...
iovisor-dev@...
ich.lane@...
Affan Ahmed Syed
aclark@...
mbudiu@...
christopher.price@...
uri.elzur@...
Sushil Singh
John Zannos
bkanekar@...
mc3124@...

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account developer@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Updated Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Wed Oct 14, 2015 11am - 12pm (pmonclus@plumgrid.com)

Pere Monclus
 

This event has been changed.

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call

Changed: Agenda :

1) Update on IOVisor Module design and progress on top of eBPF engine
2) discussion about YAML model for Control Plane of IOVisor Modules and their REST APIs
3) Brainstorm on how to integrate IOVisor Module abstraction in DPDK


details for the call:

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
11:00 am | Pacific time | 1 hr 30 mins

Join WebEx meeting
https://plumgrid.webex.com/plumgrid/j.php?MTID=mffd22bb708c26b57f84b9782988430b5

Meeting number: 809 028 432
Meeting password: iovisor

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 US TOLL
Access code: 809 028 432
Global call-in numbers

When
Wed Oct 14, 2015 11am – 12pm Pacific Time
Where
webex, link attached (map)
Video call
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/plumgrid.com/iovisor
Calendar
pmonclus@...
Who
Pere Monclus - organizer
jianwen.pi@...
developer@...
wardd@...
Ed Doe
yunsong.lu@...
Prasun Kapoor
Bhushan Kanekar
prem@...
Neela Jacques
Brenden Blanco
David Duffey
Alexei Starovoitov
john fastabend
krb@...
iovisor-dev@...
ich.lane@...
Affan Ahmed Syed
aclark@...
mbudiu@...
christopher.price@...
uri.elzur@...
Sushil Singh
John Zannos
bkanekar@...
mc3124@...

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account developer@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Updated Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Wed Oct 14, 2015 11am - 12pm (pmonclus@plumgrid.com)

Pere Monclus
 

This event has been changed.

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call

Changed: Agenda :

1) Update on IOVisor Module design and progress on top of eBPF engine
2) discussion about YAML model for Control Plane of IOVisor Modules and their REST APIs
3) Brainstorm on how to integrate IOVisor Module abstraction in DPDK


details for the call:

IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
11:00 am | Pacific time | 1 hr 30 mins

Join WebEx meeting
https://plumgrid.webex.com/plumgrid/j.php?MTID=mffd22bb708c26b57f84b9782988430b5

Meeting number: 809 028 432
Meeting password: iovisor

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 US TOLL
Access code: 809 028 432
Global call-in numbers

When
Wed Oct 14, 2015 11am – 12pm Pacific Time
Where
webex, link attached (map)
Video call
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/plumgrid.com/iovisor
Calendar
pmonclus@...
Who
Pere Monclus - organizer
jianwen.pi@...
developer@...
wardd@...
Ed Doe
yunsong.lu@...
Prasun Kapoor
Bhushan Kanekar
prem@...
Neela Jacques
Brenden Blanco
David Duffey
Alexei Starovoitov
john fastabend
krb@...
iovisor-dev@...
ich.lane@...
Affan Ahmed Syed
aclark@...
mbudiu@...
christopher.price@...
uri.elzur@...
Sushil Singh
John Zannos
bkanekar@...
mc3124@...

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account iovisor-dev@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.


Re: Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Every 2 weeks from 11am to 12pm on Wednesday (pmonclus@plumgrid.com)

Uri Elzur
 

Hi
 
Assume more than few maybe at the OpenStack event. Can we skip this meeting?
 
Thx
 
Uri (“Oo-Ree”)
C: 949-378-7568
 
 
-----Original Appointment-----

From: Pere Monclus [mailto:pmonclus@...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:45 PM
To: Pere Monclus; John Zannos; Elzur, Uri; prem@...; Prasun Kapoor; Alexei Starovoitov; wardd@...; yunsong.lu@...; aclark@...; bkanekar@...; Ed Doe; Brenden Blanco; developer@...; mc3124@...; krb@...; christopher.price@...; Neela Jacques; Sushil Singh; jianwen.pi@...; Bhushan Kanekar
Subject: Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Every 2 weeks from 11am to 12pm on Wednesday (pmonclus@...)
When: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Where: google hangouts
 
 
more details »
(also 408-675-5298)
 
IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call
technical discussions around IO Visor Project.
Meeting every two weeks to sync up with all the TSC members and Developers.
 
When         Every 2 weeks from 11am to 12pm on Wednesday Pacific Time        
Where         google hangouts (map)        
Video call         https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/plumgrid.com/iovisor        
Calendar         pmonclus@...        
Who
                Pere Monclus - organizer        
        John Zannos        
        uri.elzur@...        
        prem@...        
        Prasun Kapoor        
        Alexei Starovoitov        
        wardd@...        
        yunsong.lu@...        
        aclark@...        
        bkanekar@...        
        Ed Doe        
        Brenden Blanco        
 
       
Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »
Invitation from Google Calendar
You are receiving this courtesy email at the account uri.elzur@... because you are an attendee of this event.
To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.
Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.
<< File: invite.ics >>
 


Re: Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Every 2 weeks from 11am to 12pm on Wednesday (pmonclus@plumgrid.com)

Pere Monclus
 

agree, I can't make it tomorrow either, but next week in Tokyo is a good place to meet.


On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Elzur, Uri <uri.elzur@...> wrote:
Hi
 
Assume more than few maybe at the OpenStack event. Can we skip this meeting?
 
Thx
 
Uri (“Oo-Ree”)
 
 
-----Original Appointment-----
From: Pere Monclus [mailto:pmonclus@...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:45 PM
To: Pere Monclus; John Zannos; Elzur, Uri; prem@...; Prasun Kapoor; Alexei Starovoitov; wardd@...; yunsong.lu@...; aclark@...; bkanekar@...; Ed Doe; Brenden Blanco; developer@...; mc3124@...; krb@...; christopher.price@...; Neela Jacques; Sushil Singh; jianwen.pi@...; Bhushan Kanekar
Subject: Invitation: IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call @ Every 2 weeks from 11am to 12pm on Wednesday (pmonclus@...)
When: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:00 AM-12:00 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Where: google hangouts
 
 
more details »
(also 408-675-5298)
 
IOvisor TSC & Dev Members call
technical discussions around IO Visor Project.
Meeting every two weeks to sync up with all the TSC members and Developers.
 
When         Every 2 weeks from 11am to 12pm on Wednesday Pacific Time        
Where         google hangouts (map)        
Video call         https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/plumgrid.com/iovisor        
Calendar         pmonclus@...        
Who
                Pere Monclus - organizer        
        John Zannos        
        uri.elzur@...        
        prem@...        
        Prasun Kapoor        
        Alexei Starovoitov        
        wardd@...        
        yunsong.lu@...        
        aclark@...        
        bkanekar@...        
        Ed Doe        
        Brenden Blanco        
 
       
Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »
Invitation from Google Calendar
You are receiving this courtesy email at the account uri.elzur@... because you are an attendee of this event.
To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.
Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.
<< File: invite.ics >>
 


BPF dev env

O Mahony, Billy <billy.o.mahony@...>
 

Hi All,

is a Virtual Box VM a good environment to start compiling and investigating the various BPF *networking* examples at iovisor.github.com ?

Regards,
Billy.


Re: BPF dev env

Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...>
 

Hi Billy,

Yes, a VBox will work just fine to develop in. I personally test in both physical and kvm environments. AWS also works. So far, most of the examples are self-contained on a single machine, running in namespaces, etc.

Thanks, let us know if you have any troubles getting the environment working!

-Brenden

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 3:00 AM, O Mahony, Billy via iovisor-dev <iovisor-dev@...> wrote:
Hi All,

is a Virtual Box VM a good environment to start compiling and investigating the various BPF *networking* examples at iovisor.github.com ?

Regards,
Billy.


_______________________________________________
iovisor-dev mailing list
iovisor-dev@...
https://lists.iovisor.org/mailman/listinfo/iovisor-dev

1 - 20 of 2015