This group is locked. No changes can be made to the group while it is locked.
Date 1 - 1 of 1
Updates and Meeting Minutes from TSC+Developer bi-weekly (2015/9/30)
Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...>
Today was the biweekly IOVisor TSC/Dev call, for which the meeting
minutes are included below.
We primarily covered status for the previous two weeks.
=== Meetups ===
On 2015/9/21, Huawei hosted an IOVisor Meetup through
- Presenters: Pere Monclus, Brenden Blanco, Brendan Gregg, Jianwen Pi
- Great attendance (~100 people), interesting questions and interactive
Possible meetup next month hosted by Cisco, stay tuned
=== Blog posts ===
"bcc: Taming Linux 4.3+ Tracing Superpowers"
Interesting discussion on hackernews related to this: systemtap vs dtrace
"Linux Networking, Tracing and IO Visor, a New Systems Performance Tool for
a Distributed World"
=== Code changes ===
- from Mihai Budiu: Initial P4->eBPF (BCC) compiler
- from Brendan Gregg: Many tracing tools updates from Brendan Gregg,
showcased at meetup
- biolatency, funclatency, tcpv4connect, opensnoop, killsnoop
- from Brenden Blanco: Tracing bugfixes and enhancements
- nested probe reads, built in histogram support
- ability to consume perf events in python
- from Suchakra Sharma: Kprobe features, bugfixes, and documentation
- various bugfixes for eBPF backend
=== GBP Efforts ===
Keith is Working with Huawei to merge code to improve the renderer, once
this merges will ease the GBP<->IOVisor implementation detailed last
Plan to start coding prototypes this week, with working json examples
provided to the team for lower level work to build off of.
=== Additional discussion topics ===
Keith suggested that we create a top-level page on github.com/iovisor,
contents to be a wiki page, news, updates, etc.
|1 - 1 of 1|