Date 1 - 2 of 2
minutes: IO Visor TSC/Dev Meeting
Thanks for attending the call this week. My notes are included below.
=== Updates ===
DTrace GPLed in Dec 2017
- To help with Oracle Linux port
- Should we take dtrace kernel code into linux?
- opinion: probably not necessary now, more applicable 5 years ago
- How about dtrace frontend?
- may have more short term value
- combine with bpftrace?
- who would work on it?
- userspace tools are now UPL - how does that work with apache2?
- currently forking the format into BTF
- exceed 32k types, other limitations
- still, is the code useful to combine?
- lots of lwn/reddit/hackernews comments
- Fixes for python3 string encoding
- please test tools with python3 -W and submit PRs/issues
- todo: push clang ir rewriter to github branch
- Kernel related bugfixes
- memory leak in shared lpm map
- bpfilter work
- retpoline work in tail call code of x86 jit
- also arm64
- some more sockmap changes
- tx hooks
- more testing, cleanup
- optimizations in followup patches
- Soliciting feedback for socket sharing patches
- looking into storing data along with socket
- scratch accessible from bpf program
- How to protect scratch area?
- new lock helper idea
- Asking for feedback on seccomp ebpf changes
- desires access to read-only map for
- use case for scratch buffer primitive as well
- New pcp-bcc-pmda plugin by redhat
- tbd: integrate into vector
- XDP redirect work
- page free and return API next
- getting help from mellanox devs
- XDP bulk xmit for rx
=== Attendees ===
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Brenden Blanco <bblanco@...> wrote:
Hi all,As requested, I have pushed the WIP code to
https://github.com/iovisor/bcc/tree/ir-probe-rewrite. Only one of the
two test cases currently works. The basic idea is to use the pointer
alias info to track which loads read from on-stack memory and maps,
and treat the rest as unsafe reads and rewrite them into
bpf_probe_read calls. Map data is not yet handled.
|1 - 2 of 2|